Interventional Radiology in Glendale, NY
Interventional radiology is a medical specialty that includes various minimally invasive procedures that use imaging technology – such as X-ray fluoroscopy, CT scans, MRI, or ultrasound – to guide medical procedures and treatments.
Interventional radiology specialists perform both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using the tiniest of incisions and equipment.
At EMU Health, we use diagnostic interventional radiology procedures to help make a diagnosis or guide further medical treatments. We offer state-of-the-art interventional radiological procedures delivered by highly experienced medical providers, using modern equipment and the latest technology.
Comprehensive Interventional Radiology Services
Examples of interventional radiology procedures include:
- Angioplasty & stenting – for blocked blood vessels
- Cancer treatment
- Catheter insertions
- Gastronomy (feeding) tube placement
- IVC filter placement for blood clots
- Needle biopsies
- Radiofrequency ablation and other treatments – for varicose veins
- Uterine artery embolization – to treat uterine fibroids
- Vertebroplasty & kyphoplasty – for degenerative spinal issues