Dr. Lawrence Chang, D.O., M.P.H.
Sports Medicine, Orthopedic
Lawrence Chang, D.O., M.P.H. is a non-operative, fellowship-trained sports medicine physician.
Dr. Chang completed his medical degree from the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine. He then completed his residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, followed by a fellowship in Sports Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center. Dr. Chang has assisted with marathons and combat sports-related events such as boxing and mixed martial arts (MMA). He is currently one of the team captains for New York Road Runners and Triathlon events, ringside doctor for USA boxing, Global Association of Mixed Marts Arts (GMMA), and World Kickboxing Association (WKA). Dr. Chang actively volunteers for Special Olympics Healthy Athletes promotion events.
Dr. Chang also holds memberships with professional societies including the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine and New York Society of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
Dr. Chang sees all athletes and patients with musculoskeletal conditions to help prevent future injuries and optimize their function and quality of life.
Education & Training:
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, White Plains, NY
- Internship, NYC Health and Hospitals/Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY
- Doctor of Osteopathy, New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY
- Master of Public Health, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine (ISPRM)
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR)
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (NYSPMR)
- Association for Academic Physiatrists Mentorship Program
- New York Society of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Special Olympics Liaison
- New York Special Olympics (NYSO) Clinical Director
Conditions & Treatments:
- Back Pain/Problems
- Elbow and Arm Injury/Pain
- Neck Pain/Problems
- Hip and Knee Pain/Problems
- Shoulder Injury/Problems
- Shoulder Impingement
- Cervical Strain/Sprain
- Pre-Sports Evaluation
- Sports Physical
- Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Pinched Nerve
- Chronic Pain
- Concussion / Loss of Consciousness
- Ligament Sprain
- Hamstring Strain/Pulled Hamstring
- Lumbar Sprain/Strain
- Lumbar Radiculopathy