EMU Health, a multi-specialty medical center in Glendale, Queens, recently announced that Dr. Diana Barayeva, DO, has joined their medical team.
Barayeva is a Physiatrist, specializing in helping patients with disabilities. She treats a wide variety of medical conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons.
According to one of her patients, The New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology graduate is “warm, friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable.”
New EMU Health Doctor, Barayeva focuses on “rehabilitation, restoration of function, and a return to a high quality of life for her patients.”
Here are some facts about Dr. Barayeva’s role as a Physiatrist at EMU Health:
- Treats patients of all ages
- Focuses treatment on function
- Has a broad medical expertise that allows her to treat disabling conditions throughout a person’s lifetime
- Diagnoses and treats pain as a result of an injury, illness, or disabling condition
- Determines and leads a treatment/prevention plan
- Leads a team of medical professionals, which may include physical therapists, occupational therapists, and physician extenders to optimize patient care
- Works with other physicians, which may include primary care physicians, neurologists, orthopedic surgeons, and many others.
- Treats the whole person, not just the problem area
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Barayeva at EMU Health, call 718.849.8700 or email [email protected]
Original article written by the Glendale Register.